Moon Maiden

Moon Maiden
Great Moon Mother of the world. Bless this space with thy silver light.

Quote of the Week

I am not detachment nor salvation,

Nor anything reached by the senses;

I am behold all thought and form.

I am everywhere, and nowhere at all-

I am Consciousness and Bliss.

I am Shiva! I am Shiva!

- Shankaracharya

Apr 5, 2010

Wicca is Hip?

So, many true wiccans have seen this phenomenon occuring, somehow wicca is a popular trend, so my question is, who, what, when, where, why, how?

I dont know if many of you would agree with me, but something has to be done to promote the seriousness of our religion, and stop the mob of fashion statement followers. I feel sad when I see so many teenagers, who have literally no idea why, they are wiccan.

-Yeah Wicca is cool, you can do magic, and stuff-....So, thats it, magic is this all that calls to you? Slowly the foundations are being broken into mockery. And to hearing people say -WICCA IS IN-. So that means it will be out?

I am worried, for the reputation of the true, and of our loving ways, I know this is not fashion, or modernity.

So when did this obsurd craze begin. Somehow I analyze that its within the rebellions to look for an out to their taught traditions, but is Wicca really rebellion? It is being portrayed as such, the movement of rebelling goths, and emos, the belief of loonies.
I just hope that the wicca fever shortens, because I do not like the term -Hip, In- Wicca is not a fashion statement, it is not a crazy rebellious movement that has become popular amongst the rioting teens.

Wicca is serious, wicca is love, and peace, and yes it is gaining popularity, but should not be compared, as -In-, clothes are IN and OUT.

Personally I do not like the fake advertisement given to the religion, It makes us look as pathetic followers of a trend that somehow will soon end.


Wicca is so much more than a style, a religion is not a style. It is a doctrine, a guideline, for life, for thought.